Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lip Service to the Unborn

This week marks the first 100 days in office for President Obama. Yawn. He is, indeed, the great magician, getting people to look at his right hand while his left inflicts dramatic policy change on our country. Dr. Frank Page, a pastor and member on Obama's Faith Council, was interviewed on his evaluation of the President's first 100 days. Not surprisingly, he is not impressed either:
I've been disappointed that instead of looking for what he has often said, he's looking for some middle ground, some common ground I don't think he has really sought that.

I have not been surprised by anything our President has done but I have been surprised at the rapidity with which he has done what he has done, removal of what few protections there are for example regarding innocent unborn babies. This has happened quickly.

By and large I have not been very encouraged by our President's first 100 days in regards to pro-life issues, in regards to sensitivity to the Evangelical community.

I have stated often that I will stay on this council as long as I thought my voice was being heard to some degree. There have been a couple instances where I've seen what I thought was a listening to the voice but in most instances yes there has been merely lip service given to the cause of those who want to protect the innocent and unborn.
You can read the rest of the article and see a video of the interview here.

0 comments: