Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Still All true

Steven Curtis-Chapman, reflecting on winning a Dove award as he grieved the loss of his youngest child:
"Both times I had to take the stage, I've never had more mixed emotions and more of a paradox of saying 'thank you,' but also never wanting to do this acceptance speech under these circumstances," said Chapman, who also performed "Cinderella" (the hit inspired by his daughters) during the telecast. "It was such a mixed bag of emotions and I kept thinking 'I gotta bring my wife up on stage with me mainly because if I fell apart I'd have someone to lean on.'

"But this is one more encouragement of how loved we are and how prayed for we are! And it's not just about us either. God can take this and multiply it in the lives of those watching who may be saying 'my life is broken,' or some of us in this room that don't know what to do with the hurt. Everything we're singing about is true, and even when you take away all the glitz, it's still true in the darkest, ugliest and most hopeless places."

0 comments: