Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What I Learned About God from My Daughter

Jesus said some radical things about children:

Matthew 19:13-14: "Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.'"

Matthew 11:25-26: "At that time Jesus declared, 'I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.'"

Every day I spend with my young daughter, I understand a little more what Jesus was talking about. Humility, grace, love. And these are things that reflect the character of God. If I look closely at the children of this world, I will see God more clearly. To that end, I am going to do a series of posts on what I have learned from my daughter about God. I hope they are helpful.

0 comments: