Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do You Love Him or the Stuff He Gives You?

E. Dewey Smith, Jr. Preach it.



How many amazing one liners can you fit in 5 minutes? Unreal. Here are a few of my favorites:
  • "A lot of folk are more caught up in supernatural stuff than having a real and authentic, tangible relationship with the One who controls the supernatural."
  • "You ain't gonna have no seven years of bad luck. You're gonna have some glass in your feet if you don't sweep it."
  • "If the rabbit's foot was so lucky, what happened to the rabbit?"
  • "You will know your relationship (with Christ) is real when you go to the point where you say, 'God, listen, if I never own a mansion, if I never own a Rolls Royce, if my husband never buys me the platinum or diamond ring, God I love you and bless you not because of what I have, not because of where I am in my life, but simply because you're a God...if I get the promotion I'll bless ya, if I stay where I am I'm still gonna bless ya...'cause my relationship has nothin' to do with what I have but who You are."
  • "Won't you to look at somebody and say 'I shall not praise him, not because of what I have, and not because of what he's going to do, but I praise him because of what he did on Calvary. He took my sin to the cross!'"
  • "I praise him because it was at the cross where I first saw the light...(inaudible awesomeness)."
I heave heard Tim Keller preach this message a million times. It doesn't matter how you say it. It matters what you say. Hallelujah.

HT: Anthony Bradley

0 comments: