Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Poorest Country in Europe

Moldova. That's where I'm headed tomorrow night with a team from my church. Mainly we will be involved with distribution of food and supplies throughout the country, but we'll also be spending time at a few orphanages, including two days at the orphanage our church supports in Tocuz.

I am really excited for the opportunity and hope God splits my heart open. I heard John Piper say recently that America is the "Disneyworld of the universe." May Moldova awaken me to true reality. May God use this experience to force my face into the dirt, to help me realize my worth compared to his, to make me humble enough to love his people with abounded affection and passion.

Blogging will obviously be put on hold until I return. Your prayers for my team and our families at home are much appreciated.

0 comments: