Thursday, January 8, 2009

Peacemaking Verses

From the Peacemakers Ministry Blog, the key peacemaking Bible verses:
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

"That all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." (John 17:21-23)

"He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." (1 Peter 3:11-12)

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification." (Romans 4:19)

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." (Romans 12:17-18)

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many." (Hebrews 12:14-15)

"Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." (James 3:18)

0 comments: