Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How I Have Been Praying For Barack Obama

It troubles me when I hear Christians complain and criticize politicians (or anyone for that matter) but also fail to pray for them. I have tried to take my own advice since election Tuesday. Below is how I have ended my prayer times most mornings. It isn't profound by any means but hope it works profoundly.
Oh great and majestic God I pray for Barack Obama. God, I pray that you change his heart his heart and lead him to the truth that God has come to us in Christ Jesus and that he alone stands as our substitute. May he know the Gospel and be forever changed by it. And God, to that end, I also pray that you change his heart with regard to the unborn. Oh Jesus, may you stir within him profound love for all life, especially little babies still in the womb. May he protect them with all of his power and might. And God may all of this be used to accomplish your purposes, further your will, and bring glory to your name. Amen.
However you pray, please do so regularly for this man, this country, this time.

0 comments: