Friday, December 19, 2008

Rick Warren Firestorm

Sounds like Warren is getting attacked from both sides. I suspect he is not surprised. Read Al Mohler on Warren's giving of the inaugural invocation here. It is, as usual, excellent.

My friend pointed out to me that Warren is not the first evangelical to do this. Billy Graham gave Bill Clinton's inaugural invocation. Though many would disagree with me (including Mohler), I think that what Graham did and what Warren is going to do is right and good. I think there is a difference between giving an invocation at the DNC and the presidential inauguration. Praying at the DNC is endorsement. Warren never would have done that. But now that Barack has won, Warren is saying, "You are my president and I will pray for you." That is not, by any means, endorsement.

That's my take, but I could be wrong. And, ultimately, warren has to make this decision by himself before God. Pray for him.

0 comments: